Friday, July 25, 2014

amateur art update #nothing - maka (bonus slimer!)

I don't have much to say about these, as they were done as in-betweens. Maka took a lot more time to do in this instance, for sure, but it's so similar to the last one that I don't think there's a whole lot to point out. Other than the fact that it's pencil instead of digital, anyway. But I'll try.

I still had to properly draw out a pose sketch, and decide where outlines would go, like I do for any other drawing. If there's anything worth noting, it's probably the position of the legs. It has  to be one of the more frustrating poses that I've had to hammer out before "getting it" (because she's leaning only a little, and crouching only a little), and the legs were particularly problematic. I feel like I was pretty successful, though; I was trying to make her look slightly crouched, like she was in stage 1 of guarding or taking a swing.

Makaaaaa....... CHOP

The skirt had to be drawn, re-drawn, and re-drawn again before it looked how I wanted. I toyed with the idea of doing a ruffled hem (like in the show) but came to understand that I just don't know how to do that. So I made it a straight hem and focused on getting the fold pattern right. Once I ditched the idea of ruffles, that actually fell into place really, really well.

And I did this little green bastard while I had an hour to kill.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't find it?